50 questions to ask on your parenting Facebook page to boost engagement
Facebook is one of the hardest platforms to gain followers on, and when you do have them, facebook only shows your post to a select few. Hi Mum! So how can we get our posts seen more?
Facebook favours posts that get interaction and engagement, but how do you get that engagement if nobody sees? Asking questions or getting people to discuss a debate is one way. The new algorithm favours not just comments but discussion within the comments, so always reply to any comments you get and encourage discussion and debate. The reason behind this was to stop those ‘Comment yes if you agree!’ and such like.
I’ve come up with a tried and tested bank of questions for parenting pages that get good results each time they’re posted which you can totally steal and use. You can vary them to suit or use them as is.
- Would you rather? Mums edition: Would you rather have an extra arm or an extra leg?
- Who’s your favourite kid’s TV presenter and why?
- True or False: swimming after eating will give you stomach cramps (it’s false FYI)
- Does Breastfeeding raise IQ or is it nature vs nurture?
- What’s your best parenting tip?
- If you were stuck on a desert island with your children, what’s the one thing you would have with you?
- When you were pregnant, did you have any cravings?
- Cloth nappies or disposables?
- Pram or travel system?
- Would you rather? Mums edition: would you rather clear up vomit or poo?
- If you had a spare half hour to yourself today, what would you do?
- Would you rather have a self cleaning house or 8 hours uninterrupted sleep?
- Do you get arthritis if you crack your knuckles? (no)
- Do you enjoy completing puzzles with your children?
- When’s the right age to have children?
- Do you give your children free reign of technology?
- What age did you let your children walk to school by themselves?
- Would you take your kids to a high end restaurant?
- Toddler reins yes or no?
- Who’s your most inspiring celebrity Mum and why?
- How do you get a toddler to wear their coat outside? (still don’t know the answer to that one)
- What are your favourite toddler healthy snacks?
- What age did you start introducing solid foods to your baby?
- Why does the Easter bunny carry eggs? Rabbits don’t lay eggs.
- If parents say, “Never take sweets from strangers” then why do we celebrate Halloween?
- Why have the Teletubbies suddenly got children?
- Do you teach your children to believe in Father Christmas?
- What’s your favourite family movie to watch together?
- What are some words your children mispronounce wrong but are too cute to correct?
- If your child had been born the opposite sex what would their name have been?
- Who’s the cheekiest in your family?
- What would you tell your 8 year old self?
- What’s the hardest part of being a parent today?
- What I’d really like right now is ______!
- Would you rather have more time with the children or more time at work?
- What does your bedtime routine look like?
- What do you think of our latest post/video/?
- What’s your favourite outdoor game with the children?
- How do you deal with a child who says no all the time?
- What’s your go to dinner winner that everyone loves?
- Tea or coffee?
- What have you done that not many other people have done?
- How will you be celebrating Easter/Valentines/Christmas/?
- How has your day been so far?
- You just walked into a grocery shop, what 3 items do you buy to make the cashier look at you funny?
- What’s the best piece of advice your Mum gave you?
- Would you rather go to soft play with a hangover or tell your child their favourite stuffed toy/blanket is lost?
- Would you rather eat your food whilst it’s still hot or drink a cup of tea in peace?
- What’s the best thing about being a Mum?
- Can you have too much Lego?
Have you got any tried and tested questions? Let me know in the comments and I’ll add them to the list.
Pin it for later: