Although technically, your DA shouldn’t matter for some brand campaigns, it does for some, and once it gets over 30, more doors will open for you and you can charge more for sponsored posts. So, how can you improve your DA?
If you’re not self hosted (except for those on Blogger), or you do not have your own domain, then you won’t have a DA. Once you change to self hosted, you can start to grow your domain authority. It used to change monthly, but now with the MOZ toolbar, it can change daily. Mostly though, it changes monthly.
There are a few ways to build your DA. It’s easier to go from 1-25, then it’s much harder to get past 30. I was at 35-39 for sooo long, then it went to 42, now back to 38. I’m working to get it back up now. Here are some shortcuts to building your DA.
- Guest post – preferably on high DA sites, or at least a blogger with higher DA than you. Your bio link will link back to you.
- Take part in crowdsourcing posts. Contribute something meaningful to someone’s crowdsourcing request and get featured with a link back. It doesn’t take long to give your opinion and it will give you that link. Join UK Parent Blogger Crowdsourcing on Facebook, or search for a similar one and get responding to people’s request.
- Comment on other blogs – the link back will all count, even if it is no follow. Try and aim for some high authority sites.
- Take part in link ups – you get traffic, comments and build your DA.
- WRITE GREAT CONTENT – if your content is good, it will be shared, commented on and referred to in other blogs and websites, giving you a link back.
- Promote promote promote on social media.
- Apply to write for Huffington post and other authority sites, anywhere you can add your link.
- Use internal links on each post, to keywords you want to rank for.
- Get rid of broken links on your blog, which can damage your score.
- Contribute your posts to roundups – Britmums, Tots100 often ask for round up posts.
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly.
- Have seasonal content, which is often asked for in crowdsourcing
- Sign up to Quora and answer questions in your niche with a post of yours explaining further.
- Time – your DA will increase with time!
Remember follow links to your site are better, but even no follow links carry some weight. Try starting your own linkup, people will need to link back to you to take part.